Becoming a Volunteer Caregiver
Becoming a volunteer caregiver requires each individual to complete 20 hours of training prior to supporting our clients and families. The training incorporates the knowledge of area pastors, grief counselors, hospice workers, caregivers who have utilized Tamarisk’s services and Tamarisk founder Gretchen Hanson. Below is an outline of the process involved in becoming a volunteer caregiver.
- Complete the Tamarisk Volunteer Application
- Background check & paperwork
- Meet with Tamarisk Program Director
- Complete individual review of videos on essential topics (see New Volunteer Training Videos below)
- Attend 1 Volunteer Connection meeting
- Attend a training event (see Training Event schedule on the right)
New Volunteer Training Videos
Click on the following links to access content for the individual portion of Tamarisk’s companion volunteer training. Please refer to the accompanying handouts in your volunteer binder for each presentation. You can find most of these presentations on Tamarisk’s YouTube channel.
2016 training events will be scheduled in February, May, August, and November